MILWAUKEE -- The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development has received a notice that Bentley World Packaging in Milwaukee is laying off 97 workers on March 31st. The 97 workers are employed at the Milwaukee Parts Distribution Center located on 5211 S. 3rd St.
The Department of Workforce Development Rapid Response staff will:
- Verify the event;
- Schedule an initial planning meeting with the company, union representatives and local service providers; schedule an orientation for affected workers;
- Conduct an employee survey to determine services needed (usually done during orientation);
- Assist in applying for additional funds to provide increased services to the workers;
- Coordinate services among employment and training agencies.
Affected workers have access to numerous services to help them become re-employed. Basic services, most of which are available to anyone at no charge through the state's Job Centers, include:
- Job search and career planning assistance, resume assistance, job training and access to job search databases.
More intensive and retraining services can become available for some workers under one or more DWD Workforce development programs. These intensive services can include:
- Eligibility determination for programs, skills assessment, job search and placement assistance, career planning assistance, short term prevocational training and occupational training.