Brewers Return "Strike Out Bullying" Student Video Contest
The Milwaukee Brewers announced the return of the Strike Out Bullying contest. This year, students from across the Milwaukee area will be asked to create a video with a positive message to “Strike Out Bullying.” The winning entry will receive a grand prize which includes a visit from Brewers players as well as tickets to a game for their school.
Students from all public and private schools in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington and Waukesha Counties are encouraged to create a video that demonstrates a positive message that will help end bullying.
Teachers must submit a link to the students’ submission/video on a publicly accessible online platform such as YouTube, Instagram or Vimeo at brewers.com/strikeoutbullying. The winning video will be selected by a panel of judges assembled by the Brewers and will be assessed on the message, creativity and originality.
On Wednesday, May 10, the winning participant’s school will host a visit from Brewers players and other personnel and will receive Brewers apparel along with tickets for a future game at Miller Park. In addition, the student with the winning video will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Brewers game on Friday, May 12. If the video was created by more than one student, a name from the group will be drawn.
The contest will open on Monday, January 23 and extends until the end of the day on Friday, April 21, 2017 at 11:59 PM. The creator(s) of the winning video will be notified prior to May 10.
Below are the rules to the contest:
- The “creative team” appearing in the video can be one to six people, but no larger than a group of six. All students on the “creative team” must be in the same grade.
- No one under the age of 13 can be in the video.
- A teacher from the school must submit the video on the students’ behalf.
- A teacher is allowed to submit more than one entry from the same grade at the same school. Each entry must have a different set of students in each video.
- The video must not exceed two minutes in length.
- Online entry only. No other method of entry will be accepted.
Content restrictions include, but are not limited to: no use of adult-oriented content, explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities, tobacco, alcohol or drugs, dangerous stunts, real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles.