52nd Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade steps off in Milwaukee on March 10
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The 52nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will make its return to Downtown Milwaukee on Saturday, March 10 starting at Noon. The parade steps off on Wisconsin Avenue at Old World Third Street and will wind its way through the streets of Downtown Milwaukee.
Although the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin is celebrating its 52nd anniversary of producing the parade, the event dates back to 1843. It predates the incorporation of the State of Wisconsin and the City of Milwaukee making it the sixth oldest St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the nation.
This year’s parade will feature over 100 units including Irish dance groups, pipe and drum corps and local celebrities and dignitaries. The Friends of St. Patrick, in partnership with the Hunger Task Force, will collect non-perishable food items during the parade. Volunteers will walk the parade route with grocery carts to collect any donations.
Along with the parade, the Westown Association has planned a week of Irish entertainment and celebrations. The schedule is as follows:
- Lunch Time Entertainment: The Shops of Grand Avenue, Center Court: 11:30am-1pm
- Wednesday, March 7th: Ian Gould
- Thursday, March 8th: Michael Tinker Tierney
- Friday, March 9th: Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance
- 12pm - Press conference featuring local dignitaries
- 12:30pm – Rock Bottom Bash O’ Corned Beef: 6th Annual Corned Beef Eating Contest sponsored this year by Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery- Contestants will duel it out to see who can eat the most corned beef in 10 minutes.
- ShamROCK in Westown: Friday, March 9th- 5:30-11pm
- St. Patrick’s Kick-Off Party
- Miller Time Pub & Grill- 509 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Entertainment by Ian Gould & Pat McCurdy
- Free to the public Announcement of Raffle Winners
- 52nd Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Saturday, March 10th -12pm
- 33rd Annual St. Patrick Mass: Saturday March 10th – 8:30am
- St. Patrick’s Church, 723 W. Washington St.
- Shamrock Club Post-Parade Party: Saturday, March 10th- 1-6pm
- Milwaukee’s largest family-friendly parade day party
- Irish Cultural & Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Four stages of entertainment
- $5 per person over 12; $15 for a family
- Food and beverages