just received a call from Principal Mazur. He received a call from Anita Pietrokowsky, Dennis Queen's boss. Anita stated that tonights Governance meeting we can't bring up ANY QUESTIONS or ISSUES regarding what is going on with them and the Principal.
She also stated to Mr. Mazur that as of now she has no position for him next year any where! So this is how the Board works? I really think this needs more digging into in my opinion.
The comments below are from Dr. Crowley (Parents for Bay View)
I am writing to give you an update on a potentially detrimental change at Bay View Middle and High School (BVMHS) and to ask for support from anyone willing to give it.
As of right now, Jesse Mazur, the current Principal at BVMHS, is going to be replaced for the next school year (2012-2013).
As a member of the BVMHS School Governance Council I have seen the positive impact that Jesse has had on the school and ask that you consider the following points:
· Jesse was hired as Principal in late summer of 2011. Less than one year is not enough time to make a significant impact on a school the size of BVMHS, nor to make an accurate evaluation of the leadership.
· If Jesse is replaced, BVMHS will have had 4 different Principals in 5 years.
· MPS Central Office has not provided adequate support to BVMHS nor to Principal Mazur.
· Mr. Mazur demonstrated his commitment to both BVMHS and the Bay View community by moving his family 2 blocks from the school.
· The staff at BVMHS supports Principal Mazur.
· Bay View Middle and High School has been identified as one of the schools in line for the College Board Springboard program. A change in school leadership could have a negative impact on the implementation of this exciting new academic program.
I believe we are all aware of the boost it would be to the Bay View Community to have BVMHS become the number one choice for students and parents in Bay View. If you are interested in helping with the continuation of the positive progress that has been made, please consider writing a letter to the Superintendent and to the members of the school board showing your support for Jesse Mazur as Principal of BVMHS.
I am meeting with Dr. Thornton and would like to collect any letters of support by April 5th so I can hand deliver to him when we meet. If you can, please provide 10 copies of your letter, 1 for Dr. Thornton, 8 for the members of the School Board, and 1 for Parents for Bay View Schools. Below, you will find a template letter that you can use if you like.