A Few Clouds
West Bend N/A
Fond du Lac N/A
Dousman Fire District 10th annual pancake breakfast
Date(s) & Time(s)::
October 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM
Location: 107 S. Main Street, Dousman WI
On October 14th, the Dousman Fire District will hold it's 10th annual pancake breakfast. This is; however, much more than just a pancake breakfast. It is an educational opportunity for the entire family. In addition to great pancakes, we will have presentations and demonstrations going on all morning including:Return to event list.
Flight for Life landing at 9:15
- A live fire demonstration to show how quickly a cigarette can spread to a room fire
- A car extrication demonstration
- A presentation from the Waukesha County K9 unit
- A presentation from the Waukesha County SWAT team including their armored vehicles
- A presentation on how wide and tall your driveway should be if you expect a fire truck or ambulance to get to you
- An explanation on the expansion of the Dousman Fire District and the disbanding of the Summit Fire District. The residents of Summit will begin to see Dousman responding to emergencies in their area starting January 1st.
- Demonstrations from the Western Lakes Dive team, which is called for water emergencies on our area lakes.
Last year we had nearly 500 people attend and are expecting even a larger crowd this year. This year the proceeds will be used toward upgrading our level of EMS service to the Paramedic level. Our goal is to be at that level by 2014.