Mike Curkov, Anchor
Mike Curkov co-anchors CBS 58 Morning News with Jessica Tighe weekday mornings from 4:30-7:00 AM.
Mike grew up in the Chicago suburbs but spent plenty of summers with his family exploring Wisconsin from the bike trails in Sparta to the Dells to his godparents’ cottage in New Chester and winters on the slopes at Devil’s Head and Cascade Mountain.
He’s looking forward to making new Milwaukee memories with his wife, Allison and son, Benjamin.
Mike comes to CBS 58 from Local 22 & Local 44 News in Burlington, VT. He co-anchored the morning show there covering stories from Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign to the escape of two prisoners from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, NY.
Before news, Mike was a sports guy. Covering sports in Vermont, Wichita, KS and Rockford, IL.
It would make Mike very happy if you would connect with him on social media.
Articles by Mike Curkov
- Glad You Asked: How is the Milwaukee County Zoo's baby giraffe doing?
- Glad You Asked: How do I sign holiday cards?
- Glad You Asked: Why don't they knock down that old barn?
- The Day After Football: What would happen if football vanished?
- Glad You Asked: What's up with those long addresses?
- Glad You Asked: When do bears start to hibernate?
- Students at Milwaukee charter school earn national attention for creative talents
- Glad You Asked: Why are bread twist ties different colors?
- Glad You Asked: How do elephants know they like pumpkins?
- Priebus rejoins Wisconsin-based law firm
- Glad You Asked: Do Minnesotans really call it Duck Duck Gray Duck?
- Glad You Asked: Why do honey crisp apples cost more?
- Comedian mines Wisconsin roots for comedy gold
- Anchor of "Manitowoc Minute" gives thoughts before Packers, Bears game
- Police looking for second suspect in connection to Franklin car theft, one already in custody
- Meet the talented Mr. Pickles
- UW-Madison tests driverless car tech
- Former Sheriff Clarke wants judge to dismiss lawsuit filed against him in February
- Many Wisconsinites flock to Makanda, the location with longest totality
- West Allis welding store capitalizes on eclipse hysteria
- Sky watchers prepare for once in a lifetime eclipse experience
- Secret sculpture garden reveals a Walk of Wonder
- Racine family of storytellers
- Mequon pet store named one of America's coolest stores
- Deadline to register for NFL concussion settlement nears, players impacted urged to come forward
- Mequon's The Feed Bag earns national recognition
- Brewers' outfielder Domingo Santana explores musical passion through trombone
- Brewers RF Santana brings out his trombone
- Inside Milwaukee's microphone museum
- Bucks tout new parking garage 'dump time'
- Construction on new Milwaukee Bucks arena is almost halfway finished
- 88.9 FM launches Milwaukee-music-only radio offering
- 88Nine Launches All Milwaukee Radio Station
- In the air and back in time with the Commemorative Air Force
- Big crowds at U.S. Open 2nd practice round despite delay, mud
- U.S. Open Practice Rounds Begin at Erin Hills
- Milwaukee hula hooper draws worldwide audience
- Milwaukee Hula Hooper Draws Worldwide Audience
- Reading, rapping, arithmetic at MKE Excellnce
- Rapping excellence at Milwaukee Excellence Charter School
- LEGO Master Model Builder Shows Off at CBS 58
- Local Star Wars fan turns the dark side good
- A unique vision for Milwaukee's Walker's Point
- Passenger Dragged Off Flight Agrees To Settlement With United Airlines
- Brewers Make Pitch for Infant MLB Fan
- How March of Dimes Helped Kenosha's Gillmore Family
- Fish Fry Friday: Blessed Sacrament
- Friday Fish Fry: Stocky's Fast Track
- Tosa East Players Celebrate 77 Years with Encore, Encore
- Friday Fish Fry: The Packing House
- Mascots Made in Milwaukee
- Marquette, ReWalk Help Milwaukee Man Get Back on his Feet
- Not in My Neighborhood: How Cities Deal with Blight
- Tosa West's "We the People" Team Wins 10th Straight WI Title, Earns Trip to DC
- Be Smart About Giving Smart Toys
- New Look Wilmot Mountain Opens