Kristen Barbaresi, Reporter
Kristen Barbaresi joined the CBS 58 team in March of 2016 as a reporter.
Kristen has spent her entire career thus far in Wisconsin. Before joining CBS 58, Kristen spent two years reporting in Madison, and two and a half years reporting and anchoring in La Crosse.
“I absolutely love Wisconsin, and I am so excited to continue reporting in this great state,” she says.
Kristen originally hails from Boston, but grew up primarily in Minnesota. She graduated from Saint Olaf College with a degree in Political Science. She then went on to earn a Master’s of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University.
Before entering the world of journalism, Kristen spent a year in AmeriCorps teaching reading at a low-income school.
“It was the most rewarding year,” she says. “I learned so much about the challenges facing low income students and schools. My kids taught me more than I could have ever taught them.”
Outside of work, Kristen enjoys trying new restaurants, working out and spending time outside. She also loves soccer and cheering on her favorite team, the New York Jets (though she has developed a love for Wisconsin teams as well).
Kristen is looking forward to exploring the Milwaukee area and can’t wait to spend the summer on the lakefront.
Kristen loves to hear from viewers! If you have story ideas, you can email her at
Articles by Kristen Barbaresi
- CBS 58 Investigates: Who's not paying taxes?
- CBS 58 Investigates: Police errors destroy case against suspect in fatal drunk driving case
- Update: Federal judge upholds order to have Vaun Mayes released pending trial
- Cudahy mother accused of trying to help ISIS pleads not guilty
- One year later: The search for Lynn Rickard
- Mayor Barrett reacts to report on Milwaukee Health Department failures
- Kenosha Police: Woman's body pulled from Pike Creek area
- CBS Investigates: Could genealogy websites help identify Racine County murder victim?
- CBS 58 Investigates: Lead poisoning in the suburbs
- CBS 58 Investigation lands "Pastor Dave" behind bars
- CBS 58 Investigates: Can your life get hacked?
- CBS 58 Investigates: Milwaukee lead program manager suspended, accused of mismanagement
- 'Mind your own business:' Hear what an IRS Scammer tells CBS 58 Investigates
- Milwaukee Health Department computers knocked out by virus
- CBS 58 Investigates: New details about resignation of Germantown Fire Chief
- CBS 58 Investigates: Judge rules records must be released of health department employee
- CBS 58 Investigates: The battle with mental illness and the free resources that can help
- CBS 58 Investigates: Several postal workers fired after reports of stolen mail
- CBS 58 Investigates: Snow plow company leaves elderly customers snowed in
- CBS 58 Investigates: One Year Later, Daycares Waiting for Lead Service Line Replacements
- Mayor Barrett withdraws Paul Nannis from consideration for interim health department commissioner role
- CBS 58 Investigates: Shortage of children's mental health care leaves parents desperate for help
- Mayor's pick for Interim health commissioner got $500,000 in consulting contracts from city
- CBS 58 Investigates uncovers a contractor's criminal past that local prosecutors missed
- CBS 58 Investigates: Problems with Milwaukee's Lead Prevention Program
- Acting Sheriff Richard Schmidt outlines changes at Milwaukee County Jail
- Attorney General visits Milwaukee, pledges resources to fight crime
- Pastor Dave now a convicted felon after swindling Oshkosh couple out of $12,000
- Stores prep for Small Business Saturday
- Home buying nightmare: Couple could get stuck with previous owners bills
- Crossing guard injured in hit and run is now double amputee
- Embattled Cedarburg restaurant August Weber Haus loses liquor license
- Family of crossing guard injured in hit-and-run: "How can you leave someone in the street like that?"
- Rock County man facing federal charges for illegal gun sales
- District Attorney still mulling charges in fatal officer-involved shooting of Jermaine Claybrooks
- CBS 58 Investigates: The question you need to ask to save on your prescriptions
- Future uncertain for homeowners on Foxconn site
- "I'm pretty shocked right now:" Oak Creek student, parent react after teacher charged with sexual assault
- Oconomowoc Police investigating man posing as newspaper photographer taking pictures of kids
- Event calling for end to reckless driving in Milwaukee interrupted by police pursuit
- Some landowners on Foxconn site not ready to sell
- Milwaukee County Executive budget pledges $1.1 million tackle opioid crisis
- District Attorney: MPD officers not cleared in fatal shooting of Jermaine Claybrooks
- Speaker Paul Ryan praises Foxconn bill shortly after Governor Walker signs legislation
- Mother and daughter from Milwaukee forced to separate during Hurricane Irma
- Wisconsin Senate to take up Foxconn next week
- Finance Committee to vote on Foxconn Tuesday
- Complaint filed against Village President after argument at Mount Pleasant meeting
- Protesters march to NRA convention in downtown Milwaukee
- Caught on camera: Good Samaritans stop suspect who stole 90-year-old woman's purse
- MPS teacher assaulted in viral video speaks out
- Finance Committee holds Foxconn Hearing
- Paul Ryan holds town hall in Racine, protesters blast him for being "disconnected from constituents"
- Waukesha committee says police chief's son cannot be an officer
- Wisconsin man investigated for illegally selling firearms at gun shows
- Kenosha alderman arrested, under investigation by Wisconsin DOJ
- One year later: How police are building bridges in Sherman Park after protests
- Amendment to Foxconn bill adds $20 million for worker training programs
- Foxconn deal faces slower road in the Senate
- "An old soul. A beautiful boy": Racine homicide victim remembered
- Waukesha Mayor, City Administrator say Police Chief's son ineligible for patrol officer job
- Suspect in Olivia Mackay's murder has violent past
- Man accused of sexually assaulting a Milwaukee woman is facing new charges
- 17 lanterns for 17 years: Loved ones gather to remember homicide victim, Olivia Mackay
- New legislation would ease beer, liquor regulations
- Environmental groups blast legislation for Foxconn facility
- Republicans, Democrats welcome Foxconn to Wisconsin
- Sen. Ron Johnson casts key vote in health care showdown
- EXCLUSIVE: "I thought my son was dead:" Father recalls horrifying stolen car crash
- Cafe Corazon searching for man named Michael who lost wedding ring on Taco Tuesday
- Two stolen car crashes in 15 minutes, victims speak out
- Wauwatosa Police investigating six carjackings in six days
- Mayor John Dickert reflects on 9 years in office as he prepares to resign on Sunday
- UPDATE: Milwaukee Alderman, Health Department at odds over lead water issues
- West Allis man threatens roofers with shotgun
- Didion Milling plans to rebuild after explosion
- CBS 58 Exclusive: Hear 911 call made by corrections officer who fired gun in apartment
- 4th of July reminder: All fireworks in Milwaukee are illegal and can cost you up to $1,000 in fines
- Summerfest gets off to a stormy start
- "I'm praying for a miracle:" Search for Racine County woman enters second night